All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 11-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Hh 11-22

Since I am retired I hardly fish on the weekends anymore(There were 6 other kayakers fishing the Harbor this morning) though with my Thursday fogged out I hit HH with Andy this morning. We launched at the shop pre sunup and headed straight to the main channel to concentrate on dock fishing.

With the start of the outgoing tide I expected the bite to start and had the Flukes and razorbacks Uni Buttered up and blade ready to go. Andy and I fished the docks all the way down to Sunset Aquatic for a few short bites.

We then fished the grass beds on the drift more short bites for me and Andy caught a nice spottie on the fluke. Andy had to head of to work and I wanted to try the docks that were holding fish last week. Spent another 1 1/2 hours and still did not have a fish. Headed back to the launch area wondering where the fish were. Thru out the crank bait and trolled up the channel. When I turned into the channel that takes me back to the shop

Followed shortly by

Feeling a little better even though my fish had come on the troll at least I had landed a halibut and a spottie. This last week I had put the braid back on my spinner bait setup after losing the big fish last week and was bummed at not having een having a short bite. As I neared the last channel that goes to the beach at the shop I decided to throw it a few more times. I was almost at the end of the channel when it gets hammered then it felt like it was gone then the rod goes way bendo as the fish goes past the the kayak and heads under the dock. Since I had the braid I wasn't too worried and glad no boat was at the dock since it slammed my kayak sideways into the dock. After fighting the fish out from under the dock I took this pic

The perfect way to end the day on the water
Old 11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Baitfish

adam12 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hh 11-22

I was one of the guys out there on Sat. with Paul Q. learning the ropes. Now I'm hooked, gotta get a Yak.

I ended up with a small Cali for the day, under the bridge.