All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 AM
TEAM OEX

Matt is on a distinguished road
Default Lj Fishing Tuesday....report

Well launched around 6 a.m. with Mike Knott and Steamroll, paddled on out to iron grounds with Steamy, and Mike headed on out to the North after spying a bait boat off of the pier, that was lit up way more than usual. On the way out both Nate and I saw good marks and dropped our irons on down to see if we could pick something up(this method would be repeated again and again) but were not able to get anything to go for our irons. Around 730 we saw some bird activity and headed on over to find nothing, but the birds picking apart some dead squid, probably from a nearby boat more than from there actually being squid yet. We did see some squid like marks on the meter but to no avail. The wind was blowing quite cold and quite hard for the first part of the morning. As the wind began to lighten up we saw some birds towards the north and headed on over and got the same result, we also did see a large group of seals working a gigantic Mack school but all to no avail. Very little if any current all morning and I think that would have made a big difference in the fish activity in the morning. Talked to Josh who landed right a dark who said the current picked up in the afternoon but also to no avail as far as fish were concerned. Mike Knott also reported no action other than a sandbass or two and he had gone almost all the way up to flat rock than back to the iron spots. I did hear of one small thresher in the fifty pound range being picked up early on a weighted mack in the mid column. Good luck to any and all who head on out, I am hoping it will break wide open soon!!