All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Epic DAys of Calico fishing

Well, I invited Perry & Dave for a night of fishing the breakwall on the new sled. Only Dave showed and here is what happened on his second cast of the night. 5.7lbs on the digi:

We had a pick on em for awhile and then it shutdown by around 11:30pm.

Woke up a 6am today and took my oldest son Ryan out and we headed to PV.
Ryan got into em early, after he puked his guts out

First cast was this:

Then my next cast, 5lbr:

Caught 6 fish over 5lbs on the next 6 casts, with this one the largest, and my personal best, 6.9lbs on the digi:

Both Ryan and I lost a few large fish to the kelp, a few that I could never even stop...

Moved up towards Whites Point and found another good back of 3-4lb fish on swimbaits and spinners.

Best overall day of Calico fishing I have ever experienced. Easily 15+ fish all over 3lbs.

Ed
Old 07-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: 2 Epic DAys of Calico fishing

Congrats on what looks like an epic 2 days on the water I knew I should have played hooky from work and gone with you. The pics don't do them justice. I'm getting my gear ready for my turn and hopefully will have the second rod wrapped in time to break it in the right way. Also, THANKS for leaving them there so I may have the opportunity of catching them also when I go. It is greatly appreciated. Talk to you soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 07-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2 Epic DAys of Calico fishing

Ed,
Way to go on some nice checkerboards! The water looked like a lake too. Like Perry said, it is great to see those fish released so that your son and his buddies wil be able to catch them too. Only they will weigh 12 lbs by then!

Robert

Last edited by Robert; 07-04-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Free Swimmer

defjack is on a distinguished road

Nice job on the Calicos. I have caught over 30 calicos in 3 days of fishing with the biggest over 24 in. I did keep 2 for dinner but the big ones are still swimming. Jack
Old 07-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys.

It was a blast both days!

I was throwing the 6" Big Hammers for those larger fish today and fishing 20lb line with the drags fully buttoned down and man can those bigger bass pull hard! My hands are like ground beef from lipping those bad boyz.

I did miss a great photo op and blew it. The other 6lb fish we caught had a decent sized octopus' legs hanging out it's mouth with the rest of the 'pus in it's belly.

Next time Perry, we'll go get some!

Ed