All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default 1-24 Huntington Harbor

Got up at 4 am and heard the rain falling outside turned on the coffee pot and decided to head over to Sunset Beach see if Andy would show up. Got to the shop early to find him already there getting ready to launch. We launched in the dark on a high tide with no beach at the launch site.

Paddled the Wilderness 140 today and we headed straight to the PCH bridge to fish the last of the incoming tide. The morning started of slow a short bite here and there. Moved over to the edge of the wetlands at the north end and started working the outside back toward the south. Andy and I were throwing plastics in the grassy area since we have not been having luck with the blades lately. After Andy started heading back to open up the shop I cast in toward the grass and started working the buttered Zoom Fluke slowly through the grass when this nice spottie exploded on it.

Measured out at 17" shortly after that casting out on the channel edge I landed a small sandie

The buttered up Fluke was working well this morning so I kept working the channel edge and was rewarded with a nice halibut that inhaled my bait. While trying to get the fish in the kayak the 8lb line got chewed through and the fish went over the side.......................darn was definatly a legal......................and again no pic. Worked the docks on my way up the channel for three more of these

Off the water by noon though cold the wind never really blew after the early morning paddle to the bridge and I was glad to have my new breathable waders today stayed nice and comfy.....................The fishing today was much better than the last couple of weeks hope it stays that way............
Old 01-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Predator

Granite Goliath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1-24 Huntington Harbor

Good job, there's a hot spell coming after Monday, hopefully that will keep the bite going. I think the colder weather and water makes the bass less reactionary for the blades