All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Shelter Island Report 4/9

Made it down to Shelter Island about 6:30 A.M. The sunrise was awesome.

A couple of sailboats cruised in the bay with big American flags. Too cool!!
The water was like glass with no boat traffic to speak of. I love San Diego Bay early in the morning! I rigged up and launched. I started trolling down to the West end of Shelter Island There was bait puddeling all over with terns diving on it. I trolled around for a while for nada. I went out to the channel and tried the dropshot for a while for no takers. It was near slack tide, so I didn't expect it to be wide open. I headed over near the bait barges and picked up a mackzilla trolling a Rattletrap.

The current started picking up. I went back to the dropshot. The crappy lizardfish started to go WFO. I managed to pick up half a dozen spotties to around 12 inches and a dink sand bass.

As I was fishing I heard a rumble and turned around to see this bad boy! It was pretty wicked looking to say the least!

It had a catamiran hull. Lots of guns on it too! I decided to call it a day. This was the first time I have had my kayak out in a couple of months. My new fishfinder worked perfect. All in all a pretty good morning on the water, even if the fishing was a little slow.

Robert