All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Foods and Beverages

Old 06-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Grilled Chicken Over Saffron Rice With Grilled Vegetables

I start out with a pack of chicken leg quarters. I detach the drumstick from the thighs. Then I put them in a 1 gallon Ziplock bag. Then I make the brine liquid in a large bowl. I use about 6 cups of water, 1/2 cup of salt, 1 cup of brown sugar,
1 heaping tablespoon of chopped garlic, ( I go to the 99 cent store and get those jars of chopped garlic. It makes cooking a lot easier, but if you want to chop your own fresh, knock yourself out!) a tablespoon of dried time, and a tablespoon of dried chopped rosemary. Mix the brine up and fill the 1 gallon bag with the chicken up and seal it up. Put the bag into the refrigerator for 2 hours.

While the chicken is soaking I make the saffron rice. I use a couple of packs of the Mahatma Yellow saffron rice. Cook it according to the package directions.

Now is a good time to slice up your vegetables for grilling. I slice up a large onion into 1/4 inch thick slices and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with chopped garlic, and season with garlic salt and pepper.

Then I slice up 2 each medium red and green bell peppers sliced up into about 1 inch squares. I give the bell peppers the same treatment as the onions with the olive oil, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.

I used a stove top grill for grilling, but you can also use the BBQ. I grilled the chicken about 7 or 8 minutes on a side.

Then into a 350 degree oven it goes for about 50 minutes until it is done.

Next I grill the vegetables until they are done. About 10 minutes on a side.

Now we're ready to serve it up! I start with a bed of saffron rice and arrange the chicken and grilled vegetables around it like this. You talk about good!
Your family and friends will be blown away by how good this meal is!

Robert