All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Kayak Fishing Chit-Chat

Old 02-26-2008, 01:49 AM
German Seatrouthunter

Peter.Beckmann is on a distinguished road
Default Hello all together I´m new in this board

Hello all together, I´m new in this board and am from Germany near Lübeck. I´m practissing Kayakfishing since about a half year, and the virus is sitting deep. The last 15 years I was a Belly captain, and hunting the seatrout in the baltic sea just in front of the door.
I hope to find some guys in this board for changing knowhow and to have some fun here

Many greetings from Germany Peter
Attached Images

Last edited by Peter.Beckmann; 02-26-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hello all together I´m new in this board

Greetings Peter,
Welcome to our humble forum I also have a float tube and still use it when I can find the time. Kayaks give you alot more mobility and distance than a float tube which I sure you will see. Being located in Germany, what brands do you have there? I'm sorta curious who's brands are there.

A few years back I was in Europe for a few months and went to West Germany and had a great time. It is a beautiful country and I am very glad I was able to travel and see it in person. There is so much to see you'll never get a real idea from books or even the TV without seeing it in person.

If you have any questions about kayak fishing, we'll try to help here as much as we can. We also have a search feature on these forums which has proven very helpful for fellow anglers looking for information. Take Care and Welcome Aboard,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
German Seatrouthunter

Good morn´from germany.
Thanks for your welcome first.In Germany you can see all kind of fishingkayaks.
Here some of the bestknown: Ocean, Wilderness, Fishingski, and for sure the European brands like DAG-kayak and Rotomod.
In Germany the kayakfishing is absolutely in the beginning.
Since about 15 years the floattubes conquered the coasts. And now the people fond out,that it can be safer and more efficient to praktice kayakfishing.
In Germany we also have a Board like this: www.anglerboard.de with about 40000 members all over Germany and North Europe.
The kayakfishers are still a little minority over here, but at the moment there just comes up a kind of hype.
We saw it also with the floattubes.
On 24-th of may we´ll have a meeting of about 50 Floattubers near by.
You can see a picture of the last year below
So far for today Greetings from Germany

Peter
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

Thumbs up Re: Hello all together I´m new in this board

Peter,
That's alot of float tubers in one place. That would be alot of fun , being with a bunch of fellow tubers like that and hanging a fish or so in the process. You guys mostly fish in saltwater, or freshwater or both?? I like fishing bays here in the kayak or float tube, but alot of guys won't float tube bays here. It's too bad because it can be alot of fun for a short trip for a few hours or so.

I have a friend in Italy named "Ste" who float tubes and catches some monster largemouth bass from his float tubes. I posted some photos in the forums here and there of his catches. Heres a link to an article I wrote with some of his photos etc.. http://www.allkayakfishing.com/fishi..._in_italy.html

Take Care,
Perry

Old 02-28-2008, 05:53 AM
German Seatrouthunter

Nice pictures, nice fish.
Would like to know if you´re also prakticing flyfishing.
I do so from my Belly boat and in future from my kayak.ON 26-th of April there will be Mel Krieger near by and I´ll have some lessons with him. Do you know him?
Peter
Old 02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

Smile Re: Hello all together I´m new in this board

Peter,
Yes, I also flyfish Most of my trips last year involved fly fishing, and a recent trip to the bay with 4 others a few weeks ago was a strictly a fly fishing trip. This year, unless I am chasing bass offshore, I plan for all of my trips to be fly fishing orientated.

It's funny about Mel. I tried to contact him about a month ago and Fanny responded to my E-Mail and told me he was not going to be back from Patagonia until March or April. I contacted him about getting some group lessons in Northern California (which is about 10 hours by car from where I live), but she said he's not giving group lessons anymore, but he would be glad to do a private lesson with a few people. I have never met him in person but only know of him from his reputation and videos. I'm curious, How are you going to get some lessons with him? I dunno know if you know who Jack Dennis is, but I spent a day with him last month with a fly fishing club and had a great time. He was a really knowledgeable and very nice guy.
Take Care,
Perry

Old 02-28-2008, 11:13 PM
German Seatrouthunter

Hi Perry the grouplessons where organized by a member of our "Anglerboard".
How he fixed that I don´t really know...But one thing I knew was : I must be there . I´ll tell you how it was. All flyfishers here are already exited, because Mel is very well know here by his videos.

Grüße

Peter
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

Peter,
From what I have seen, I think the meeting with Mel will be great. I still want to meet him when I can, he is one of the fly fishing icons. I went to the site you mentioned and looked in the forums. Unreal, I cannot believe how much information about fishing in Europe is there. I was there for an hour or so reading the forums and didn't skim the surface of them. The belly boat forum was also very interesting. I saw that the guys all use Trout Unlimited float tube, I did not know they were a global company, as they are. I am glad to see Shimano dealers are going to be selling GLoomis equipment in Europe. I have a couple of fly rods GLoomis I really like. I know the GLoomis fly reels are made by Shimano and they are some of the best values around. Do you use any products under the D.A.M. Label? My friend used to work for Okuma who owned D.A.M. He gave me some stuff from them and everything is high quality like I would expect, especially the reels. I'm going to a fly fishing shoe this weekend if I can, and I'll send some photos next week.
Take Care,
Perry

Old 02-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Frisian on Lolland

Georg Siefkes is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter

Thanks for your information about this marvellous site. I just registered too and hope to find find many saltwater maniacs like us
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Baitfish

Albury is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter,
I am visiting Lubeck for a week from the 20th August and would like to do some research for an article on flyfishing - fresh or salt water - in the area and wondered if you could advise who I might contact for information. The article will be aimed at British flyfishers, informing them of the fishing opportunities in the region.