All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Tidelands 4/14

Jackie and I fished Tidelands this morning. Got kind of a late start didn’t hit the water until after 7.A.M. to really nice glassy conditions.

Paddled straight out and immediately started catching fish. Jackie was dropshotting using nuclear chicken and I was using a MC smelt pattern swimbait coated in procure sardine.

Fished the channel until the tide really started moving; we were using 2oz sinkers and couldn’t get them to the bottom. So we made the move to the shallower part of the bay right next to the bridge, that’s when Jackie really started whacking them. Every time I turned around she was putting anther fish in the yak. Most of her fish were this size.

Around noon we called it a day, the wind had picked up and the bite started to slow down. Another nice day on the bay.

BC
Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Tidelands 4/14

BnJ,
Nice job on the spotties They indeed look like they're the larger units San Diego Bay is known for. I heard the bass are also going off in the 'Big Bay". I just may have to drive on down and see if it's true or not,LOL. See 'ya soon,
Perry

PS- You're pretty lucky also. You should flop one of the photos in our photo contest for the month and get your ticket in the hat. You never know...
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube