All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Baitfish

92yj is on a distinguished road
Default la jolla 1st time??????

hey guys i am new to here and was wandering if there is any suggestions on my first trip to la jolla? i have been fishing for a long time and kayaking also, but just recently put them together. i have a ok t15, all ready to go. i am kinda nerves to go out to la jolla and look like a idiot or piss some one off..... i would love some insight in the rules or the local does and don'ts. i would really like to get a guild to go out but right now the money is a little tight. if there is any suggestions you can give a newbie it would be awesome.......i am ready to get out of Newport's harbor and shore line. thanks for any help.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Hobie Fishing Team

zinkysd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: la jolla 1st time??????

Just make sure your past the reserve before you start fishing.

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski
Old 04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Lit-up1

Lit-up1 is on a distinguished road

The first time you go wait for someone else to go out with-ask if you can tag along just to get the feel of the place-ask where the preserve starts/ends. Have some plastic for bass in the kelp or some chrome for cudas and bonita or live bait for yellow tail- white seabass or halibut. People launch at different times. Make sure you are ok with a surf launch so first timers should not go alone.
Then go find some fish-look for birds and bait...see you out there
Old 04-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Baitfish

92yj is on a distinguished road

cool guys, thanks so much for the info.......what about the parking,and launching? i feel really comfortable with launching in waves. i remember my first time kayaking was in sanpedro beach, i got free lessens for a gift. the guy that was teaching the lessons put us in to the waves for our first lesson. lol....... it was a lot of fun. well thanks for all of the help guys.... i will be down there on 5-1-10.....oh what time can i get in to the water there? do they have a certain time that i can go out?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Hobie Fishing Team

zinkysd is on a distinguished road

Parking is free and plentiful early in the morning. You can drive your car on the beach if the sand is hard or just find a parking spot close to the launch and wheel your yak to the beach. As for when you can launch you can go when ever you want or feel comfortable. Most white c bass are caught early morning.

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Baitfish

jimmyle is on a distinguished road

Here are some maps that might help you,

http://api.ning.com/files/E0MpCkUxBh...lajollamap.JPG

http://api.ning.com/files/HOmFb*TSBz...vR/lajolla.jpg

To clarify, you park at the end of Avenida de la Playa and unload your kayak there if you don't plan to drive onto the sand. Leave your kayak on the beach, and go park at the parking lot. Walk back to your kayak (only a two minute walk). If you go there early enough (before 7AM) you might find parking on the street then you don't have to park at the parking lot.

I don't have much experience either but I have been there twice.

Good luck