All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Home Guard

Piranha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bait tank

Tarpon Guy,
The place Perry's talkin about is the place we went to yesterday and we got the valve. Remember I mentioned Andy being one of the La Jolla superyakkers? Perry, It's now called OEX ,I believe. It's right across the lil sand beach from Sunset Rentals, Kenny's business! Andy sold his ice business and moved up here! He's still the Iceman!

Hi mrJB,

Tarpon Guy said"I built mine like Piranha's. Very simple. I really liked the way he eliminated the whole discharge assembly. I'm a big believer that less is better. following his lead, I just drilled a series of small holes in the bucket, in a horizontal row and let the water cascade down the back of the bucket and then out the yak scupper holes."

Tarpon Guy is copying my tank drain design cause last Friday he saw it in action at Dana, It's crude, almost primitive, but simple and it works very well! The reason I went to the horizontal line of holes is the drain kept getting clogged up with scales when I used a drain tube with a screen. That never happens with these horizontal holes! There are about 15 of them at the exact level I want the water to reach. They're just smaller in diameter than a pinhead anchovy! Works sorta like the overflow on a bathtub! Tarpon Guy(Bob), we'll give it a shakedown test in a few days! Piranha
Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 PM
"I brake for Halibut"

mrJB is on a distinguished road

Yes, I blocked the vents with a very large rubber washer between fittings and some goop. Sorry, since it was so long ago I forgot. Also, some Walmarts are still carrying "waterproof" dry boxes - $5 and change for the small one, $7 and change for the large one (a good fit for a battery) which might be an alternative choice to a dry bag...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 AM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough

10-4, Piranha.

Ya know, I'm thinkin' the fish are going to be so impressed with our bait tanks, they're just gonna give it up and jump in the yaks

Thanks again guys, for the tips!

"I fish because the voices in my head tell me to!"