All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Mission Bay 7-20 and 7-21

A report from the new guy

Got the chance to fish Mission Bay Sunday afternoon til dark I fished from the Ingram Bridge to South Shores Launch ramp. Found the ell grass and stuck mostly to the blade caught over a dozen spotties making up a good sized 5 fish. On Monday Morning spent 4 hours fishing the area from the Mission Bay Bridge to the Ingram Bridge, this time I used 3 1/2 an 4 1/2 inch REEBS Razorbacks and REEBS Grubs on 3/8 oz cottee heads for another decent tourne bag. In the afternoon I fished Santa Clara Cove for natha and moved into Sail Bay for the rest of the day till dark. Stuck to the 3/8 0z heads and the REEBS baits, it didn't matter what color they were all working and picked up another 15 spotties and 2 small sandies. The big fish of the day came throwing the blade along the bouy line the biggest at least 2 1/2 lbs jumped back before I could get the scale and camera out. As the sun set I loaded up the Trident and pointed the Van back to Seal Beach with the memory of another great trip to San Diego Saturday at La Jolla With agreat group of people and Sunday and Monday fishing Spotties ant my favorite place Mission Bay............................................... ..........
Old 07-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Hobie Guru

steamroll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mission Bay 7-20 and 7-21

BOK = Blue Ocean Kayak ?

Thanks for the report. Welcome to the site. That first fish has a gut on it.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road

Thats right Nate at my age I was thinking its time to drop the whale............................................. ....................................
Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Home Guard

Iceman is on a distinguished road

Nice Steve, hope to see some serious tape shots after Saturday. I need to get a big sandie out of your back yard next week!

Will Bowen is trying to keep you out by lobbying to make foot wear mandatory Are those your checkered shorts in the last pic..................