All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Predator

Jimmyz123 is on a distinguished road
Default Birthday Trip 1/11/11

Well I learned a lot yesterday from the trip that I took for my birthday.
1) People are very cool. This guys comes up to me while I'm getting the Kayak off the roof of my SUV and hands me a Brand New COD drift sock and says, "I sold my Kayak and have no need for this, it's never been used." FREE! That was great.

2) My bait pump worked great and would have done well going off of La Jolla
3) I should have launched at La Jolla because it would have been a lot less paddling than I did yesterday.

All the lessons I learned from yesterday will make me a stronger Kayak fisherman in the future. I paddled almost 8.5 total miles yesterday paddling to the SD bay bait barge, then to the spot I wanted hit, with no love at all, then over to Zuniga Jetty for no love, then back down to North Island across from S.I. and then back to S.I. All I caught the entire day were two stinking lizard fish. There wasn't any water movement in the bay yesterday and that made for a very tough fishing day.

I mapped the route that I took yesterday for about 8.5 miles, and I mapped the possible route that I would have possibly taken out of La Jolla and I would have done about 2.5 miles or so of paddling, way less paddling and more fishing going to La Jolla. The sad thing about the bait that I bought yesterday was another omen telling me I should have gone to La Jolla, the scoop was full of Dines, Macs, and Greenbacks. Every scoop of bait was Saying to me, "You should have gone out of La Jolla." So I have learned from my lesson and will get everything dialed in on the Kayak so that I can start launching there now.

I should have listened to you all. The best part about the day though was that it was beautiful out there, the water was glassy, and I wasn't at work, oh and my wife through me a great party to go along with it.

So I may not have caught a lot of fish but I did get to see all of this

It was a fun day for sure.

Last edited by Jimmyz123; 01-12-2011 at 09:49 PM.