All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default 1/2 Day trip on the Sea Watch

Several people in my company went out of Seaforth Sportfishing on the Sea Watch for some 1/2 day action on the bass and barracuda. We had a private charter and there was only 13 people. Plenty of room at the rail today! We got some nice 'chovys with a few 'dines mixed in for bait. The plan was to hit La Jolla, but we never made it there. We made 2 stops today. The first was off of Pacific Beach in some kelp. We caught a few bass and made a move after an hour. The second stop was much better! It was only about 5 minutes from the first one. We anchored up and spent the rest of the trip there. It was good fishing on the bass with the occasional log cuda thrown in. The conditions were great! Minimal swell wit a slight breeze. Sunny and warm! The dogs were out today, but we still managed to catch a bunch of fish! It was a real pleasure to fish with Captain Bobby Williams. I have fished with him many times before when he used to run the San Diego 3/4 day boat out of Seaforth. He has since sold the San Diego and teamed up with the captain of the Sea Watch. They have a great setup! Everyone on the boat is really cool. I wish every boat on the water could be run as well as this one. Bobby was hooking and handing off to all the novice anglers we had on board. Everyone walked away with some fillets at the end of the day! That guy can fish the friggin lights out on the bass! He has been doing in for years and is he ever good! Jackie hooked up to a yellow tail that came unbuttoned at the gaff! What a heart breaker! It was a great day on the water with probably the best
1/2 day boat in Southern California in my humble opinion.

Robert