All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 05-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Newport 5/19 Report

With some last minute phone calls, I got out and went fishing with a few friends Saturday in Newport. We launched up towards where the Plastic Navy will be having their tournament so we could do a few hours of pre-fishing. When we were loading up, we were met by a DPKFM members, Mr. Greenjeans and Bwana. When I saw them, I knew we had to get on the water soon or the bass would have already tasted steel if we were behind them.

We started fishing here and fishing there and caught some in the channel and some by the docks and other structure. The fish were scattered and so was their taste for what they were eating. We drifted down towards the PCH bridge which was already being worked by more than a few anglers in boats. While there, I recognized my friend Chuck aka "Incredible" from here and invited him to join us which he did for the rest of our trip.

Here's Incredible working some structure:

Photo of Jackie also working structure:

Her husband Bob hanging some fish:

And my friend Robert hanging one of many fishing for the day:

And how did we do for the day? We all caught a bunch of fish. It was never wide open I would say, but a steady pick. We all caught legals, and here is just one of them which I caught. With all the upcoming tourneys, not alot of anglers are showing what they caught their fish on. Well, I left it in there for 'ya :

If anyone reading this isn't signed up for The Plastic Navy tournament next month, you should consider it. The morning was smooth and calm with no wind until about noon. They always have awesome events and if you see a mango Cobra Marauder, please stop for a second and say "Hello". Hope to see you there,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newport 5/19 Report

Perry,

Glad to see ya on the water. I was reading Robert's report too. It seems that you folks had a fun day.

Tight lines and paddle well.

Jon
Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Predator

Needlefish will become famous soon enough

Don't forget bananas.............errrrrrr.............uhhh..... ..........pineapples
for good luck Perry.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road

Perry,

Thanks for showing Jackie and I around NP harbor. We had a great time and let's do it agian soon.

Chuck it was nice meeting you and anytime you want to try S.D. bay just lets us know.

BC

PS: Perry it was really great to finally meet your better half ... Mary and your son Garrett. Thanks again for a great day on the water.

Jackie
Old 05-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough

Needlefish,
You mean bananas like this dancing one? Tell 'ya, if you bring a banana on your kayak, thats cool. But please don't even let your kayak touch mine with that thing on board,LOL.

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Moss Back

Incredible will become famous soon enough

Perry it was great to see you on the water last weekend. I particularly enjoyed meeting the gang. Robert, Bob, and, Jackie. Nice to finally get the chance to fish with you folks. I have been seeing you on the board for a while. Glad I finally got to meet you. I have re armed my tackle box with some better lures. maybe I can try them out this weekend.