All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Baitfish

striperstud is on a distinguished road
Default New member... Float tube question

hey guys i am new to the board so first off i just wanted to say hello. and my other question was what is a good float tube for under $100 dollars. also if anyone could tell me if you were able to put a fish finder on a float tube and if so what is a good kind under $100 dollars.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New member... Float tube question

Welcome SS!
You may be able to find a great deal on both a used floattube and fishfinder on Craigslist. I bought my used kayak for a fraction of the price of a new one. Here's the link.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/about/cities.html
Good luck.

Hank.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New member... Float tube question

SS,
Welcome to our forums. For decent quality float tubes for the $100 price range, I would look at the Caddis brand. The tubes are good, and you can buy parts if you need them pretty easy. If you were to move up a bit into the $150 range, your choices would double for brands and types.

For fish finders, there are a few models that could work and be within your desired budget (or real close). One is an Eagle Fisheasy model 245DS compact model. The second make is a Humminbird Piranhamax 215. The Eagle is a few bucks more, but I have been using Eagle fish finders on my kayaks an tubes for a few years now and I really like them. I'm also in the process of selecting a new float tube myself, so I'm also going to be using a dedicated fish finder on it this time around and I'll be using the Eagle model I mentioned.

I've attached a photo of my old tube with my fish finder on it. The white plastic material the fish finder head is on is a cut up 5 gallon bucket. They have a the radius build in them, so all you do is secure the head unit on top, and a puck on the bottom part, them run a couple of straps through some slits you make in the plastic, and you're set. Scotty also makes a float tube fish finder mounting kit, but you usually will have to take a few minutes and make an adaptor plate to use one. Hope this helps,
Perry
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube