All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fishing Huntngton Harbor Saturday the 11th

Hank,
Don't worry about it, I think I may be disbarred before you . What a snafu...I got there ahead of Steve and was met by an angler named Vinnie. We're talking and Steve shows up across from me. I'm at Countess because the parking lots at the Sunset facility is partially closed because the boats that were in dry storage are now in the parking lot and I couldn't see any signs saying where the new guest parking is. I got a parking ticket in Long Beach last month and don't want another one, those things are $$. I go meet him and we're looking at the conditions and waiting to see who else shows up. We're talking and waiting and wait a bit more and we don't see any else show up by the boat launch or over at Countess. I grab my cell to call you and Fishdog to see what's up and I realize when I had my cell phone replaced, the phone book didn't have all the numbers in it. In retrospect, I should have made a list of cell numbers or just fished Newport from the start like I originally planned because you can usually duck behind the moored boats and you're not so exposed to the wind. We didn't think anyone else was going to show so we went down to Newport. We got on the water about 7pm and had about 45 minutes of decent fishing before the tide slacked up and the bite slowed wayyy down. Steve got a few nice bass and I got one nice one.
Perry
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 08-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road

Perry,
Sometimes the late afternoon/early evening conditions swing in the wrong direction. I can atest to that. Glad to see you made it out to more favorable water and fishing conditions. Thanks for the report. I received your message today after returning from work and I'll pm the info ASAP.

Hank

Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Baitfish

Chuck McElvain is on a distinguished road

Perry sorry I missed you guy's. I met Tarpon Guy on the water and we fished in the lee of the wind next to the gas dock. the tide and wind were just ripping. we took 1 lap around the bay with no love and came back to the gas dock. I wound up with 4 nice spotties and a couple of dink sandies. all my fish were caught from the gas dock to about 50 yards south. I was using 4 in. swim bates in x-mas tree and smelt patterns. I stayed out tell 9.00 pm then hit it home. good fishing with you T.G. see ya next time. Chuck A.K.A Fish dog