All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default 8/4 Tails & 8/5 Calicos Report

Went out of Dana on Friday looking for paddies and fish.

We found mostly paddies and other boats. We didn't find one decent paddie until we decided to call it a day and head in around 11:30am.

Running full speed I just about plow thru a paddie 4 miles off Dana. We turn around and go back and the thing has a few fish on it. First mack in the water and I'm on. 5 minutes later a 20lb'ish yellowtail is in the boat. 5 more minutes and Lee gets one close to 20lbs. We land one more decent tail and 2 smaller ones. Drift off the paddie and eat lunch and head in

Fished the SWBA "PV Shootout" yesterday. Plan was to hit Pt Fermin and then up the line towards the PV Point. Within 15 minutes of lines in we had a 4lb and a 2.5lb fish in the live well. Ran up to Whites PT and put another three 1.3lb fish in by around 9am and making a limit. We lost 4 other big fish in the kelp and rocks. Had we added another 4-5lbs we would've end up in the top 10. Place 15th out of 34 teams but still a good day on the water.

No pics of fish this weekend but I took a few shots of the sunrise at PT Fermin.

You can see one of the teams fishing in real tight. When Perry and I fished that same area a week ago, there were 3-4ft waves breaking OVER the spot they are fishing. Crazy, but they did pull 4 fish out of there before moving on: