All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Free Swimmer

PAL is on a distinguished road
Default Got YT? Space available on June's 6-day Islander Cedros mothership

For those of you who missed out on last October's excellent Islander mothership adventure to Baja's Cedros Isle, to be seen shortly on The Kayak Fishing Show with Jim Sammons, here's your chance at absolute yellowtail mayhem.

The 2010 edition of this 6-day fish-fest is set for June 11 - 17, departing from San Diego (see note below). Sean White and I do everything we can to keep costs of this 6-day trip to a minimum. That means the boat only goes if we fill it.

The per angler price is $1700 not including permits and tip. As far as kayak motherships go, the Islander has no equal. These guys really 'get' kayak fishing; they give us plenty of leash to do our thing. The price includes all meals (alcohol extra), bait, and stateroom bunks.

Fishing is fishing; nothing is certain. Otherwise June is a solid month for a Cedros run. The fish are often stacked up just the way they were for us last October. It was insane; the probabilities would be no different in June. The largest change? We would not expect to run into yellowfin on the ride there or back, although albacore from the big boat would be a possibility.

If you're interested, please fire away with a PM. Remaining spaces will go on a first-come, first-served basis.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: The trip is set to depart and return to San Diego. International fishing politics being a murky deal, there's a chance Cedros-bound US vessels will have to run out of Ensenada a short drive south of the border. As of now, that's not the case, but as it is a possibility I'm mentioning it now. More when / if it becomes available.

Check out these photos. This could be you.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Predator

spencerssf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got YT? Space available on June's 6-day Islander Cedros mothership

that looks like fun
Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Free Swimmer

PAL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
that looks like fun
It doesn't get any better!

Turns out the Islander mistakenly double-booked the dates.

We're all friends here, so we've put our heads together to solve the mix-up. But first, Islander co-owner John Coniff has asked us to convey his apology. No worries, John and his crew have gone out of their way to provide top notch kayak fishing trips for years. It's all good.

So here's the deal, suggested by future UN ambassador Brent at OEX. If we don't fill the Cedros 6-day by Feb 13, roughly two weeks from today, we'll give the dates back. That way the OEX 1.5 day will have plenty of time to take bookings.

If you've dreamed of epic YT action, true off the chart stuff, or unreal trophy calico fishing, please step forward. We need 6 more if we're going to make this happen for a second straight year.

Thanks again,

Paul
Old 01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Baitfish

don harris is on a distinguished road

that looks like alot of fun! just got my new revo from nate! i would like to go with you all, but dont have all the money right now but i well save for this trip. how much do you need right now? 714-300-3942 call me any time, thanks don harris