All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
TEAM OEX

Matt is on a distinguished road
Default Sunday at tidelands

Well with the wind coming up and the storm brewing over LJ I decided to hit the bay. Took me a while in the morning to find my bay tackle box due to my wife having decided to help me organize the garage ........yeah.....help....that's the word I am looking for.
So I launched with Rusty, we headed off to bridge to look for some halibut and other critters. Well the wind started blowing so we took shelter behind the pilons of the bridge, in conjunction with the wind the tide also started ripping, and I mean just moving. Not a whole lot of fish at first but once the tide started moving it was time for the big ill tempered spotties to play. Nailed 3 big spots pretty quick, used a brown, gold and orange swimbait for the first 2 and had a smaller tjw with a crawfish bait as the plastic for the big third one. It seemed like you got one big spot per pilon and then it shut off. Was kind of cool using a "flippin" technique off of the pilons, brought back memories of fishing for bass as a kid in Wisconsin. Called it early due to conditions, although I did discover something very cool while at tidelands, if any of you grew up skating the Del Mar skatepark or just grew up skating pools in general GO TO CORONADO no b.s. rails and stairs just pure bowl skating with metal coping, definitely more fun than sketchy.

I should be heading on out to LJ again to look for some biscuit love as soon as the small craft advisory goes away!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Predator

Dan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sunday at tidelands

Just about the only choice on a such a blowy poopy day, eh.

Glad the spotties played for you and Crusty.