All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > 2010 OEX Tournament Trail

Old 02-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thinking about your first tournament?

I like to use 3 to 4 inch baits and 3/8 heads always with an attractant (I use Uni Butter). My favorite bait have a curly tail Reebs 3 ½ inch razorbacks in green back color with a slow presentation. If the current or wind is strong I will up the head to ½ or ¾ oz. then there are the baits that Kerry makes that are weed less called Bugz. Brian Sanner makes some insane curly tails that are new when I have the chance I will also use them. If I am fishing a kelp or grass area it’s a sled head with a zoom jerk shad. These will be the baits I will use at Oceanside……….Hope it helps

Welcome and good luck
Old 02-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Baitfish

xBEEFEDGEx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thinking about your first tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landwhale View Post
I like to use 3 to 4 inch baits and 3/8 heads always with an attractant (I use Uni Butter). My favorite bait have a curly tail Reebs 3 ½ inch razorbacks in green back color with a slow presentation. If the current or wind is strong I will up the head to ½ or ¾ oz. then there are the baits that Kerry makes that are weed less called Bugz. Brian Sanner makes some insane curly tails that are new when I have the chance I will also use them. If I am fishing a kelp or grass area it’s a sled head with a zoom jerk shad. These will be the baits I will use at Oceanside……….Hope it helps

Welcome and good luck
Awesome, thanks for the tips!