All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default La Jolla 6/16

Jackie, Bob, and I launched about 5:45 A.M. Surf was small. Just the same I took one right in my lap. I had the paddling jacket and pants on and stayed dry. It was a beautiful day. Overcast. Water was very calm with minimal swell. We started trolling after the reserve buoy. Stopped and fish some puddling bait for no takers. The highlight of the day was when several pods of dolphin cruised in and out of the area. They went right under our kayaks and surfaced sometimes not more than 10 feet away. That was awesome! We moved out to the kelp and pot holed for a quite a while for no takers. There was virtually no current today. The New Seaforth pulled up tight to the kelp. I didn't see anyone on board hooked up to anything. They split after about 30 minutes. The low light of the day was when some knucklehead in a power boat blew through the area at about 30 mph where us and about 20 other kayakers were fishing. He passed within 30 feet of some of the kayaks and never even slowed down, looked back, or apologized. People who endanger others when they operate boats like this need to be dragged out of them and beaten within an inch of their lives! We made a couple of more moves that didn't pay off. It was dead out here today! We didn't see anyone hooked up to anything all morning. Not even a mackerel! I talked to many other kayakers who had the same results that we had. Only one guy that I talked to had caught and released a couple of small calicos and that was it! Oh well, maybe next time. Jackie and Bob, as always it was great fishing with you guys! We'll get 'em next time!
Robert
Old 06-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Predator

Needlefish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: La Jolla 6/16

Thanks Robert for the post. Sorry it was a bad day out there. I'm thinking of DP next week, but haven't heard of any reports out of there.