All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Foods and Beverages

Old 06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Tustin Chili Cook-off

Spent the day with the family and we ended up the the 23rd Annual Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off. There were over 40 chili booths all cooking the best they had to offer. They also had dancing and crafts all along one of the back streets. We got there right when it started at 11:00am and by 2:00pm, it was getting a bit crowded. We sampled about a dozen different entrants chili samples. Most were pretty tasty, and a few were pretty warm in the heat department. We had a tri-tip sandwhich for lunch which was heated over Oak, bit it was on a small open pit so not alot of the smoke penetrated the meat to form any type of smoke ring or infuse the smoky flavor. It was a really good time and I could really tell the City Of Tustin puts alot of planning and effort into the event. I'm sure this will be an annual event for us

One of the old transmission shops has moved and a BBQ is going in from what the alcohol application on the window said. I hope it's good, because OC is sorta sparse for good BBQ besides Burrell's BBQ in Santa Ana. Here's a few photo's, Please Enjoy.

Perry
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube