All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Baitfish

Joediddle is on a distinguished road
Default Fished Cabrillo 8/6 AM

Fished cabrillo today with a good friend in hopes do get into some hali's. We launch a little after 6am and headed straight for the bait barge. The paddle ended up being in vain becuase the barge had some of the sorriest sardines we had ever seen. We had planned on trolling for butts most of the trip but the bait was so bad the I gave up and hit the kelp within the first couple of hours. It was slow on the bassin with only a few short bites and a small checker.

I kept working and finally found a little honey hole were I picked off a hand full of sandies, with a couple in the legal size

after I fished out that spot we started making our way back stopping along the way to chuck rubber. Ended getting that Hali even without the chitty bait.

to bad it was a couple inches short overall a great morning, cloudy in the morning with glass water. The sun made it's way out about 1 along with a slight wind. All fish caught on a BH spottie special

totals (all released)

sandies -6
calico -1
butts -1
small rock fish-1

Good Times

Joe

Joe
Old 08-08-2010, 02:56 PM
baaaaaah

lamb has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fished Cabrillo 8/6 AM