All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Baitfish

directdrive is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy!!

Hi, All: Just joined your forum. I am an ardent kayak fisherman and love to learn and share all things related to that. I kayak fish with conventional tackle and often, when I feel the need to punish myself for transgressions real and imagined, I also fly fish from the 'yak.... Glad to be aboard.

Tight Lines and Ripped Lips to one and all!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Howdy!!

Welcome to the forum DD! Are you fishing both fresh and saltwater? Feel free to share tips, tricks, ideas, and reports. If you have any questions about posting, take a look at the Forum Guidelines and HELP section for the basic rules and guidelines. Tight lines!

Hank

Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Baitfish

directdrive is on a distinguished road

Hi, Hank: Thanks for the info. I saltwater fish exclusively. It's not that I don't like freshwater, it's just that I was brought up saltwater fishing and have stuck with that. What I know about freshwater fishing wouldn't fill a thimble

Take Care Now....Bruce
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough

DD,
Welcome to our forums I get awesome photos from some of the anglers back there of snook and redfish. Some of the reds look pretty beefy and look like they could put up a good fight. I've also fly fished from my kayak a few times, but have to admit I like fly fishing out of my float tube better. I dunno if I just got used to it fly fishing up north of me at Lake Crowley for trout every year, or that I find it easier to deal with stripped line on a float tube with a stripping apron rather than a stripping basket or just placed of the deck of the kayak. It would be fun to catch some spotted bay bass on a nice fly rod though, or maybe a halibut. That would be a kick. If you get a photo of one of your outings, please keep us in mind. We always like reports and a photo or two. Take Care,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Home Guard

DD,
I probably wouldn't be able to fill the other half of the thimble when it comes to freshwater fishing. I also have saltwater in my veins but this year it looks like I'm loading the yak and headed to the Sierras here in California sometime in June. Never been there to fish but I hear it kicks out some nice trout. I'll send a report following the trip. Hopefully the fishing gods will be shining on Hank. Take it easy.

Hank

Old 05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough

Hank,
I have been kayaking and float tubing up there for years in most of the different loops and Lake Crowley. If you plan to fish Crowley, I can put you on a good map which is very helpful for fishing the lake as the dirt roads are not marked per say. Do you know what areas you plan to fish ?? I'm planning a trip in September this year and am already getting antsy.

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Home Guard

Perry,
As far as I know, it's Lake Crowley for us. Not to say that we won't make other stops also. I'd appreciate the map help. Thanks. Friends of mine were there on opening day and did fairly well. What is your tackle of choice for fishing the Sierras? BTW, did you make it to the Mafia get-together at DP? I got my days mixed up and thought it was on Sunday. A day late or a dollar short. That's the story of my life.

Hank