All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Baitfish

steveooo is on a distinguished road
Default Hi, I'm Steve.

I'm addicted to fishing.

I was able to fish twice this week. Wednesday I got lucky and snagged this little guy early in the a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VrlK2o2HrI

I also lost my pride, as I got a little cocky on the landing. Got caught on the wrong side of a bigger set. Along with my pride, I lost a small box of Irons if anyone finds ‘em.

Brought out a friend on the Gayak on Thursday. No Yellow love, but I did manage to pick up a decent ling. Check another species off the list. Sweet.

Now, something to ponder. Although the squid boats are plentiful, there was still plenty of squid to be made on Thursday. The bite had sort of shut down, and people are quick to blame the squid boats for taking away all the squid and killing the bite. My theory is that a bite eventually shuts down because the fish gorge themselves for 4 days straight. I’m sure that about 1000 lead sinkers plunking on their head has something to do with it too, but there was actually less traffic on Thursday, and the bite had definitely slowed down. Any other theories?

Ether way, its been a while sine I’ve got a decent fish from the Yak, so I’m still pretty stoked. Big congrats to everyone else that got lucky this week too. Good to see some nice peeps on the water.

Welcome to the board.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
The Rookie

Buttchaser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi, I'm Steve.

Nice Job steveooo , Cool Video
Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 PM
TEAM OEX

Matt is on a distinguished road

Hi Steve!!! I love lings!! I am terrible at fishing for them, and they are a mighty tasty fish! Definitely a good one.....anyone know when lings open again?????
Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Predator

Dan is on a distinguished road

What up Steve. Cool report! Hey. I'm not sure the light boats even launched their wrapping operations. I don't think they found a solid enough float to really justify it....I'm sure the fish are gorged. Also, as the squid spawn and they're just littering the floor of the canyon, they're even easier pickings.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Baitfish

carloboa is on a distinguished road

Hi Stevo, My name is Carlos.
I would really like to try kayakfishing but I dont know anything about yet.
Do you know any place near the bay area that they rent kayak for fishing or I dont know , any information about this would help a lot, I want to try before I but my kayak.
thank you.
P.S : nice fish