All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Dana 10-7-09

Met Gabe and Ben at Baby’s Beach at 5:30 the wind was already blowing onshore with chop in the harbor. Launched and headed to the bait barge arriving at grey light. Gabe and Ben picked up bait and we headed south to Capo Beach and headed out to 20 feet of water. The onshore wind chop and swells made paddling a little rough.

Gabe and Ben started drifts back towards Doheny and I headed out looking for structure or kelp for some bass fishing. Found a small reef and started working it for a nice calico.

With the wind and swell the drift took me in and towards Doheny. I fish all the structure picking up a couple more small calicos along the way. Found a small area of kelp and worked it for about an hour for 2 more calico and a sand bass. Lost a couple of fish when they dove into the kelp on the fluke and got the hooks into the kelp so I stuck to the Buggz and was able to fight them out.

While I was casting I heard a splash close by and looked to see

Stayed with me for a half hour then took off knowing I wasn't going to feed him.

Met back up with Gabe outside of Doheny the wind and swell had taken their toll on my body so we headed inside and joined Ben fishing the area near the bait barge for some short bites.

All my fish came on the Fluke and Bugzz coated in Uni Butter.
Of the water by 12:30. Called Andy on the way to the freeway and canceled for the Wed night bug trip my ass was dragging. Had a great time fishing with Gabe and Ben and pulled on some nice bass went home happy and tired
Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dana 10-7-09

Sorry to hear about the tough conditions Steve. Looks like you did really well.