All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > All Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Mission Bay 4-14 Tournament

Perry and I got down to Dana Landing at 5:30 A.M. for the Plastic Navy Tournament. There were lots of kayaks lined up at the ramp already. We signed in and got all of our gear ready. At the captain's meeting Drew announced that this was the largest kayak tournament ever with 220 kayaks registered! It was quite a sight to see 220 kayaks launch at the same time. It all went pretty darn smoothly, believe it or not. We started catching fish right away. Unfortunately the vast majority of them weren't the legal length of 13" measured from their closed mouth to the center of their tail. We caught lots of them that were just under! Perry weighed in a couple of nice fish! I will let him tell that story. I managed to weigh in one. A lot of people who we talked to didn't catch any legal fish at all! We ran into our friend Scott Shaw. It was great seeing you Scott! We paddled all over and fished mostly West of Ingram St and a little bit around Sea World. We finished up just a little before the 2:00 P.M. cutoff. The wind gods definitely smiled on us today! It blew a little bit around 11:00 A.M. then it laid down until just before the end of the tournament. Afterwards Drew, Paul, and the rest of the Plastic Navy gang had a bbq and gave out some great prizes! The winning limit was over 13lbs! Some people walked away with a lot of money and gear. One lucky guy won a Hobie Revolution kayak! All in all it was a great time! Thank to the Plastic Navy for putting on a great event. I can see myself fishing in all of the events
this year. Perry as always it was great fishing with you. Too bad we couldn't have caught more legals, but I think we did better than a lot of people did.

Robert
Old 04-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Predator

Scott Shaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mission Bay 4-14 Tournament

Great day on the water , and good to see old friends,especially Robert and Perry. For me , fishing was slower then slow.On top of that , wearing shorts and no sun screen produced a killer sun burn.After the tournament it was back on I-5 for the drive home.Heavy traffic caused a 6 hour run time to Bakersfield.Scott Shaw