All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Expensive day at Tidelands 7/28.

As you pull into Tidelands parking lot there are two sides; to the left is the larger of the two and to the right on the far side of the lot is a skate park. The right parking lot was split in half with no parking signs, no parking on the right (near the skate park) and about the same amount of parking spaces were still open for parking. We pulled in the skate side of the lot and parked as far away (in the non- no parking side) as possible. After fishing we were walking back to the car and saw there was a skateboard contest going on inside the park. We get to where we thought our car was parked and realized it was gone. Turns out the City of Coronado moved the no parking signs (while we were out on the water) to enclose the whole right side of the park. Now our car is “in” the no parking area and the Park and Recreation department had it towed. We tried to plead our case to Coronado police but all they said is you have to pay the city fee and the tow fee to get your car back. We’re now out $175.00! Need to say the Coronado Police dept. were very helpful and went out of their way to help us once we told them we had two kayaks and had no way to get to the station. They sent an officer as a courtesy pick up and took Jackie to the station. Then went out of their way taking her to the tow yard to get her car out of hock

P.S. The fishing was good, launched at 6A.M. to really glassy conditions.

Jackie was using an assortment of swimbaits just nailing them all morning long.
I started my day of throwing a spinnerbait and landed this guy.

A little after 10 the boat and jet ski traffic got a bit crazy so we headed back to the beach.

BC
Old 07-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Expensive day at Tidelands 7/28.

Bob,
Congrats on the fish and Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear about the parking problem though. You may be able to take it up with the city regarding if the signs were dated and previously put out before the event, how the spaces were marked to advise in advance for no parking for the day. If the lot opened to the public at 6am and the no parking area wasn't already coned off, someone may have dropped the ball. See 'ya two soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about the ticket and tow, but at least you had a good time fishing. So much better than working.

Jon
Old 08-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Predator

Scott Shaw is on a distinguished road

Sorry you got hosed by the law. I found out today that I have to pay $124 in unsecured property tax for a sailboat I had for three months. Seems the deal is , I sold it in early 2007 , therefore I owe the tax.The friggin boat was an Albatros around my neck that just will not let loose.For all the good it did , I *****ed about it to the county tax people to no avail. Fighting city hall is a bunch of you know what. Scott Shaw
Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road

In the mail today came a check from the City of Coronado for the full amount, ticket and towing.

Need to give a big thanks to Felix Hall who runs the skatepark and all the events there for following through and getting us reimbursed.

Pretty awesome that City of Coronado would do that.

BC
Old 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Expensive day at Tidelands 7/28.

Cool...
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube