All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Old 06-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Baitfish

bolsaguns is on a distinguished road
Default hobie outback or pro angler ?

I'm ready to buy a fishing Kayak and tested the hobie outback out over the weekend. It was great but i am interested in the pro angler also but it seem kind of big. Anyone used a pro angler yet? I plan on using this kayak for dana point, la jolla, and around huntington harbor. The outback was very stable. anyone loaded the PA on there car or truck?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Sully60

Sully60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hobie outback or pro angler ?

Go to U-tube, Mark of New England Kayaking Fishing Loads a pro ,looks Pretty Easy, Sully60

Last edited by Sully60; 04-13-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Free Swimmer

KirkG. is on a distinguished road

I fished the Outback for about 3 years and never had any problems. It was plenty stable enough and I was able to load it in the back of my truck without any problems.

I have not fished out of the PA but it is a big heavy boat but, as with anything, I'm sure you can figure out what works for you and how to get it done. Paddle both and see whichh one you like best.

KirkG.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Free Swimmer

Oside is on a distinguished road

You should test drive a Revolution. I had an outback for about 3 years also, and I loved it. Now that I have had a Revo for 2 years, I would never go back to an Outback. The Revo is much faster and almost as stable. The only thing I miss about the Outback is the trays on the side. In the harbors, the outback is great, but if you are fishing open water like Dana Pt, La Jolla, etc.. the Revo is the better boat IMO.
I've never tried the PA, but it's HUGE!! I carry on top of my SUV, and theres no way I could lift one of those up on my roof without help.
Good Luck no matter what Hobie you buy!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Baitfish

mike vint is on a distinguished road

i have an outback and love it. very stable and works well out at la jolla. i just bought the pa. its huge and heavy but very stable. great for bays, lakes, and flat water. I put it inside my suburban. i have not tried the pa throught the surf yet and probably won't for 2 reasons.
1. if the drive/rudder were to fail there would be no way i would be able to paddle it in.
2. tracking seems a little squirrly for any surf or swell. seems to want to turn in waves.