All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Wed in the Sun

Met Andy at 6am and launched at Seal Beach in a flat ocean. Decided to trunck it since it was a little warmer this morning and the forcast called for a warm day. Started at the end of the jetty throwing a Fluke coated in Uni Butter. Got bit hard and the drag was peeling then the rocks saved the fish. Worked the area for another 1/2 hour for one more bite then headed out for deeper water. the day was unreal with no wind.
8:30

12:00

Andy landed one nice sand bass then it was time for him to do the work thing so I paddled north toward the Long Beach Breakwater to fish the reef we fished last Saturday.

There was no current and without wind no drift and no fish. Headed back over to the rig about 10:00 and slow paddled while bouncing baits on the bottom. My next fish didn't come until 11:30 and was a nice 15" sandie that fliped overbaord while I was turning on my camera. Worked the area til 1:00 for 2 more small sandies

then headed back to the end of the jetty. Fished the end of the jetty til 2:00 then slow padded drift baits back toward the beach. Caught this sandie about 100 yards from the end of the jetty

When I was alomost to the last bend in the rocks I got hamered the fish was pulling drag and got into the rocks. I paddled back and pulled this sandie out of the rocks

Landed at 3:00 after 9 hours on the water in still flat conditions. The wind had just started and clouds were showing in the distance.

Although the fishing was slow it was another beautiful day on the water..........................