All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Wed on the Water

Really needed to unwind today after spending all day yesterday observing the MLPA process. Got to Huntington Harbor at 5:45 unloaded and got on the water. Forgot my gloves and my hands felt like ice cubes, The paddle to the bridge was slow with the ripping incoming tide.

Threw the Buttered up fluke for a number of short bite and short fights before landing this spottie

fished my way back up the channel throwing the baits at docks, had one fish that I could not stop on the 8lb. The wind started to pick up and I drifted the channel for an sandie

and a short halibut

Off the water at 1:45 the air was warmer though the wind was blowing pretty well. The water was full of weeds and trash I caught more weeds and trash then fish it was a great day all the same ...........................................
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 AM
TEAM OEX

Matt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wed on the Water

You make me want to retire and just fish.......15 more years and i am there!! Thanks for sharing Steve, I am gonna try and hit MB tomorrow and try some flukes!!