All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Wallbangers Tourney

I got an invite to join Ed and his fishing partner Lee for the Wallbangers Tourney 2007 for a night of working the LB breakwall and hopefully bagging some legal bass. Some of the best saltwater bass anglers on the West Coast participate in this event, and it showed. With the temps dipping and the wind being up over the last few weeks, it was going to be challenging.

You registered and handed off your fish to the "Committee Boat" which was parked inside fully staffed with a friendly crew and a blender or two to keep things flowing.

As with alot of tournaments, it was a shotgun start where the most HP usually wins. I think there was even an overpowered 15' Boston Whaler or two running around in the mix

On the business end of things, we caught alot of fish. However, this being a bass tourney, other species didn't count towards anything. Ed and Lee demonstrated the efficiency in which anglers who often compete in tournaments acquire. It was a pleasure fishing with them and yes, I kept my eyes and ears open and tried to soak up everything I could from a short night fishing with them. Needless to say, I learned a bunch of good stuff I'll have to try out in my kayak or float tube

Ed with one of the many sculpin of the evening:

And Ed cannot fish with getting one of more Cabezon:

And possibly to the dismay of the team, I just had to put down the rod to catch a photo of the cruise ship coming in from the horizon:

After the weigh-in, we went to a local restaurant for dinner, drinks and the raffle. Some of the sponsors included Shimano, Berkley, Charkbait, The Longfin, Trolling Motor Doctor, Fishtrap, Big Hammer, Edge Fishing Products, Fish Rap and more. A very cool event and Thanks Ed and Lee for the invite and for sharing your knowledge of local saltwater bass fishing

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 01-14-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: speling
Old 01-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wallbangers Tourney

Perry,

Good times fishing with you last night. The bite was pretty tough and the results reflected it. We ended up in 14th place out of 39 teams and we were just 9oz short of the Top 10. Not too bad considering about 50% of the folks in this event have shirts/boats that list all their sponsors and we called it a night 45 minutes before it actually ended (cause we were freezing our a$$es off)

We'll get 'em next year!

Thanks again for joining us!

Ed