All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Robalito

Robalito is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice for new at Kayaking

I have been looking for a way to get back to fishing. I tried surf fishing here at Melbourne Beach, Florida and was not impressed. Yesterday a friend loaned me a kayak and I went out with him for the first time. This I enjoyed. I want to get into it, and I have been reading the different comments on this subject. My questions are as follows:
1. It is recommended to try different kayaks before choosing one. How do I do this??Where are kayaks available to try out?? My friend is the only one I know who uses a kayak in this area. Are there clubs??
2. Has anyone had any experience with the "wavewalk" kayaks?? Are they worth it for the stability?? It looks like the room is limited to put things.
3. I will not be going out in the ocean. Just Indian River and perhaps a few lagoons in the area. Would a 10' kayak be sufficient?? I can put on a couple of rod holders. Besides this I will just need room for a small cooler for water and drinks, perhaps a small cooler for the fish and a small tackle box. Is this asking too much with a kayak??
Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Barracuda

baitcasterboy20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need advice for new at Kayaking

10 foot sounds like a perfect size for indian river. finally i found somebody from where i'm from. i live like 30 minutes from indian river.

you can try diffrent kayaks, at kayak shops. i find a lot around palm beach county.

and no this is not asking to much from a kayak... soe people put fish finder's and gps's in there kayaks. so no and people even fit whole tankwells in ther kayaks