All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Hooping Report 3/4 & Fred Hall Show

Hooped out of HH on Tuesday Night with son Ryan and friend Lee.

Set the hoops right before dark and by 6:15pm, 2nd net, we had our first legal. Ended up with 10 legals, including a 5lbr, for 3 hours of hooping. Had to be home early to get Ryan in bed on a school night.

Leaving HH:

On the crawl:

Biggest one of the night - Lee's 6'5" and goes about 230lbs:

I worked my friend Bill Varney's booth yesterday, Fishing the Surf, at Fred Hall. Very fun, lots of cool stuff at the show and plenty of kayak booths. Met tons of folks interested in the light line style surf fishing. If you go to the show, stop by and say hi to Bill.

Also check out the lady that does custom wood work, she has a hand-made custom canoe for sale, at $33,000. Perry it's time to "Pimp your Ride"!!!!

Perry, if you go, check out the ultra-light-weight Kenor Jig sticks, they feel like they weigh about 8oz.

Ed
Old 03-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hooping Report 3/4 & Fred Hall Show

Ed,
Thanks for the bug report as always It's nice to see Ryan and fellow wallbanger Lee got out with you for some hooping. I hate to say it, but seeing photos like that reminds me I need to move out by Skidave and get a skiff. I've located two of them, but the storage situation here is still a no go.

I bet there are alot of kayak fishing booths and products at the Fred Hall Show this year. Alot of manufacturers are really ramping up to join the retail end of the sport as it were. I already have my shopping list though, One Diawa Coastal reel, One Shimano Curado 300DSV for the Terramar bass stick I bought, One 16-18' skiff (like your friends or Quietman's), and a house where I can store it. No problem, I have everything I need in the works

While you are eating those "Bad Lobsters", we had to make do with some paltry chicken and homemade biscuits. This week is racks of ribs...

Talk to you soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 03-08-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Photo Additions