All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Predator

fishfinder has a spectacular aura about
Default Fish report from the 15th@ Newport

On the water
Met Walt on J st at about 5:30 and we were off . We decided to buy some bait and head out the harbor. Walt metered a bait ball at the entrance of the harbor so we decided follow it around the entrance I caught a couple of Macks and small barracudas as for Walter he did the same.
Sometime latter the winds started and we decided to hit the harbor with a brunch break at the coast guard station. I managed to break a tooth eating a sandwich NOT GOOD
As we set to fish the harbor we met up with Doug (Sea Eagle) in his inflatable kayak and his disco shirt. We all fished the pavilion area were the boats were docked Doug was on fire with his smelt imitation and Walt was killing them with a trolling lure as for me I had the worst headache due to my injury . I seemed to catch anchor lines and boats for the rest of the day

One of the many fish caught by Doug

This was my trophy of the day, I had Walt hold it due to its huge size

Walt and his Nice Bass one of the many fish he caught and released

I apologized to the owner of this boat. He didn’t understand why I decided to take a nap on his swim step
Old 06-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Fish report from the 15th@ Newport

As always, Thanks for the report After seeing Doug, I think I talked to him for a minute last time I was in upper Newport on the kayak. We were coming in and we fished a common area for a few minutes. There aren't too many inflatables that look like that running around OC.

That's one big sea dog on the boats swim step taking a snooze. If that is you, I'm sorta glad you did make the night trip No sea dogs were seen and that was cool with me. Take Care,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube