All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Baitfish

Kailolo is on a distinguished road
Default Rod mounting along the side/gunnel of a yak?

Anybody have any suggestions/hardware for mounting 1-2 rods on the side of a yak--particularly on a space limited Revo--at least for bay/lake fishing or calmer ocean days? For freedom in casting I don't like rods standing up behind me in rod holders. With a Revo I can't lay 4 rods on the "deck" anymore. And the wave-breaking angled front hatch is not conducive to keeping items in place. I did successfully keep an extra rod with reel on top of the paddle that is lashed to the side. Rod was out of the way when casting and landing.

Any suggested hardware to releasably lock the butt end (near the yak seat) while the tip end is cradled/held gently in place (near the bow). Best would a system to keep two rods with reels together on one side.

The tension of the already installed cleat/bungie for holding a paddle is a bit too high to hold a thin rod for fast/easy removal. Maybe replacing with a thinner bungie would help. But I'd like to mount two rods on one side.

Thanks