All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Fishing Kayaks Forums > All Malibu Kayaks

Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Free Swimmer

JessicaParker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Malibu Kayaks Stealth 14

Can any one let me know the name of the store as to from where i can purchase one of these....
Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Baitfish

Riptide is on a distinguished road

This is the kayak I'd like to start with. Anyone know where I might get one near my home? I live In ventura, California.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Baitfish

Location: Currently, Port Washington, NY - soon to be Manhattan Beach, CA (hopefully)
Fish Taco is on a distinguished road

No fishing kayak is ever "perfect"... but I am not complaining, cause this one is not far off the mark for being my very first fishing kayak. OEX Mission Bay put together this little video of my yak right before they shipped it to me (Fall 2011)... and it's been a great kayak for me.

http://youtu.be/wI-iJdI_mco

I do have some issues regarding the hull taking on some water with a day on the water (and mind you, I haven't been surf launching either) fishing in the Long Island Sound. I suspect (especially after I read about the newer 2013 rear hatch being raised) that I'm getting water in through the lower portion of angled hatch behind my seat. I'm a big guy (260#) and also have an Optima D27 12 volt battery back there in the hatch, plus a 46# thrust BassYaks motor... my tank well often has a few inches of water sloshing around back there... I suspect it might be getting in the lower seal of that hatch (though it's right behind me and I can't see it when underway).

I do wish that Malibu had addressed this problem before I invested all this time & money into this yak. The only thing I can think of without selling this yak, buying another and re-rigging is to add an automatic bilge pump for safety reasons. Thoughts anyone?

I love how my Stealth rides, tracks, and I feel very secure on it (though admittedly I have not done any surf launching or landing in it... yet).

*Soon to be relocating to the South Bay (i.e. - Manhattan, Hermosa, or Redondo Beach this summer)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Fishing Champ!

TravisLovesYaks is on a distinguished road

I think the Malibu Kayaks Stealth 14 is the best kayak for fishing. The only place I know where to buy one is online. I can't find them at any sporting goods store around here.

Tags
malubu stealth 14