All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 03-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default HH recon

Paddled Huntington Harbor with my Uni Butter some new baits and my camera. The FH show took it out of me old guys get tired. After the tsunami past thru the harbor as I drove over the bridge it was easy to see things had changed

The bouys are all moved near the pch bridge so I paddled the wetland boundary noticing that the edges now go staight down 2 to 3 ft instead of angling out. There is still some ell grass hanging to the bottom where the roots were long enough to hold on. I would say 2 to 3 inches of silt have been washed away in the shallower areas and the corners of the channel near the brige that were 10 to 14 ft are now more like 8 ft. The flats by the launch ramp are shallower that they used to be and seem to go further into the channel. I took a pic in a area that I could see the bottom in 3 ft of water

You can see that the clams and shells have been exposed hope it will improve the bass fishing only had a few short bites even using the trusted Uni Butter :hairshock: