All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Predator

Jimmyz123 is on a distinguished road
Default Tidelands 06/05/11

Still fine tuning my new Fish Finder/GPS unit I wanted to see if the new way I installed my transducer would work as I hoped. The results were wonderful and I will be posting up Step by step instructions as to what I did.

I made my way to Tidelands this morning wanting to avoid the runners for the R&R marathon and I was glad that I did. I saw some other Kayakers launching just ahead of me. It wasn’t until I was returning my cart wheels that I realized who they were. Anyway as you can see the tide was way out this morning, and started to roll in at 6:30 this morning.

I made my way to the bridge and started to drift. Going between the Pilings of the bridge I was getting some hard hits but they were avoiding taking the hooks. Then right at about 9 A.M. I drifted passed the green channel marker and it was like a switch was turned on. I had 3 rods out with different baits on, 1 white grub, 1 blue silver swim bait, and another anchovy looking bait. All buttered up with Unibutter.

The white grub was not getting anything but the anchovy and swim bait were getting bumped 1 after the other. I was missing fish because I was reeling in one, and then reeling in the next while another was biting. I had to be off the water by 10 for a family outing that was planned so I was bummed that I had to leave an active bite. However I was able to do what I wanted. I caught nice fish, tested my FF/GPS, and got to enjoy a nice morning paddle, and then spend time with the family. All in all a great morning and day.

Total fish count.
5 Spotties caught and released 1 lizard, and quite a few hard hits coming through the bridge area.
NOTE - Always clean you lens before taking pictures. As you can see I had some water on the lens.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tidelands 06/05/11

Nice spotties hope to get down there soon
Old 06-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Predator

Jimmyz123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tidelands 06/05/11

Thanks man, those things put up a great fight also. I love catching those.