All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Baitfish

Amish Ed is on a distinguished road
Default Dana Pt, 8-29-11

Launched at 5am to fog, red tide, and morning sickness (the ocean's not mine). Got to the jetty and between the fog and dark I decided to stay there until i could see, and more importantly be seen (headlamp didn't seem enough). Finally about 6:30 I was on the Pipe in about 50'. Water was 67.1ยบ and stayed that temp all morning. I had a steady pick for the first 2hrs and then it just died. Not another bite after that. There was no current, and the water was a crappy green. I saw very little bait on the FF and almost none on the surface. Fog stuck around until about 9am and then very slowly burned off, the wind slowly went with it.

That slow pick brought in 13 bass, mostly calicoes and mostly in the 2-3lb range. Plus, I got one small lizard fish that was perfect bait size. All fish came on clear red flake variations. Clear red flake LK intruder, Red fish 3" flurry, or 3/4oz slayer head with fire tiger skirt and 5" clear red flake Big Hammer. All baits had Hot Sauce for flavor.