All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 12-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default San Diego Bay - 12/30

Haven’t taken our kayaks out for a while so we thought lets get out there one more time to end the year. Launched at Shelter Island to a cold but glassy conditions just after the tide changed.

Paddled down to the shoal just off the Bali Hai restaurant and started to get bit right from the get go. Steady mix of SBB and Sandbass most of the fish were all about this size.

About an hour into the bite everything went dead. The tide was dropping so there was a good drift going so we made a move to the channel for some drop shotting. Gave that a try for an hour for nada and made another move to the moored boats just off the launch area. Picked up a couple more nice sized SBB and this guy.

Boat traffic started to pick up so we called it quits around 11:30. Conditions were still nice and glassy. Nice way to end a great year of fishing.

To all, Jackie and I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

BC
Old 12-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: San Diego Bay - 12/30

Bob,
Thanks for the report and glad to see you two made it out one more time in the bay before the new year, with a few very nice looking bass to boot. I'm getting the parts to get the rack system on my truck finished up so I'll be yak-mobile soon. Hope to fish with you two soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 12-30-2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: speling