All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 05-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Tidelands Park 5/28

Made the maiden voyage this morning, my wife (Jackie) and I just bought a couple of kayaks. Did a lot of reading, comparing and test paddling before we decided on O.K. Prowlers. Need to give a huge thanks to Robert for all his help on getting these thing rigged right. Sure made the learning curve a lot shorter.

Jackie’s going to give you her first fish report.

BC

After much anticipation, Bob and I took our first paddle out on our new Prowler kayaks. 6:00am this morning we met up with Robert and Drew to do some paddling around Glorietta Bay and hopefully catch some fish along the way. The water was calm and the surroundings were just beautiful. The pressure was soon off as I hooked my first spotted bay bass and didn’t fall out of the yak! Shortly afterwards, Bob caught his first fish. Just as I paddled up to get a picture it jumped off the hook. Robert gave Bob some of his new penny shrimp and he started hooking up. Robert was great with all his help and suggestions.

In all, I think I caught four fish – 3 spotties and 1 sand bass. However, for the first day out I think I did pretty well. Tomorrow is another story.

Jackie
Old 05-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tidelands Park 5/28

Jackie and Bob
Great fishing with you guys today! What do you say we do it again tomorrow?
I'll show you guys some more spots.

Robert
Old 05-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tidelands Park 5/28

J&B,
Welcome to our website I hope you both are enjoying the sport and knock them dead down in SD. The prowlers are very nice kayaks and I'm sure you both with like both of them. With just a few accessories, they can be serious fishing machines. I'll be seeing you two soon, one place or another. Take Care,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube