All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Tidelands Round Two 5/29 Yak Report

Had so much fun yesterday Jackie,Bob, & I decided to hit Tidelands up again today. Made it down there at 6:00 A.M. No trouble from the old psycho in the parking lot this morning. There were a lot of people there already with their bbq's getting their picnicks set up. There were several yakers there also heading out to fish. We launched at 6:15 Water was like a sheet of glass. No wind. We paddeled over to the flat by the anfib base. We started catching fish right away on the Gulp new penny 2" shrimp.

Jackie was on fire today! Here she is going bendo on a spottie. It was only her second time fishing in her new Prowler 13 and she was having an absolute
blast!

Bob was catching a lot of fish today also. Here he is with a spottie. One time we had a tripple hookup! We moved off the flat and fished the channel at the mouth of Glorietta bay. Bob landed a nice spottie right away and then it slowed down. I nailed a nice one on the spinnerbait. Jackie started hooking up again. She was getting a fish a cast for a long time. I found a nice area of spotties and started getting in on the action with a fish a cast also. It was sick fishing!

These were some nice fish! We drifted quite a ways to the East. I ended up in the channel out in front of Nasco. I started dropshoting the GNPS and was killing the spotties! The wind started to pick up and the sailboats were comming out. We called it a morning around 10:30 The fishing was excellent today. To tell you the truth I don't know how many spotties I caught today. I lost count. Jackie caught the most today for sure. I think her and Bob are hooked on fishing SD Bay in their kayaks. We will be back next weekend. Probably Shelter Island next time.

Robert
Old 05-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tidelands Round Two 5/29 Yak Report

Hey Robert, you are correct, Bob and I are totally hooked. We had an awesome time today. Not only did I have fun catching fish, I finally was able to take my own fish off ... quiet an accomplishment. I'm sure by this weekend all the aches and pains will have subsided and we'll be ready for some more fun time on the water.

Thanks again for all your help!

Jackie & Bob