All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Shelter Island Report 6/3/06 S.D. Bay

Launched at 6:15 A.M. Paddeled out to the main channel and started with the dropshot using the 2" Gulp new penny shrimp. We started catching fish right away. Sandies, spotties, sculpin, macks, and tons of those crappy lizard fish. My friend Drew caught a nice sculpin and a couple of bass. He is hooked on this kayak fishing thing now! I kept one 13" sandy for tacos. We made a few drifts and caught lots of fish until the traffic got a little heavy. We made a move over to Lawrence St and drifted out past the Friendship Bell in around 12 ft of water. We started hooking up big time with the gnps on 1/4 oz leadheads. Bob hooked and landed a couple of short halibut and several nice spotties. Jackie landed some nice spotties too. I caught 3 nice spotties, lost a halibut, that came unbuttoned, that I'm sure was legal, and got hooked up with Bat Man.

He was pulling like a freight train! I fought him for about 15 minutes. It was too much fun on 6 lb test!

I released him and he swam off in good shape. What a fight! I picked up a couple of small macks trolling. No sign of the bonito yet. We were off the water by 11:00 when the wind started to pick up. Another great day on San Diego Bay! We'll be back tomorrow morning!

Robert
Old 06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Shelter Island Report 6/3/06 S.D. Bay

Robert,
As always, a BIG Thanks for the reports Now with weekends off, I'm really looking forward to fishing Shelter Island area and doing a float to the point. I was very tempted to go fishing this weekend, but I need to get ready for the following weekend and need to get finished up. See 'ya soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about

Perry,
Yea, it was a pretty good day on the water. We caught a bunch of fish. Like last weekend, I really don't know how many for sure, but a lot. Some quality bass for sure! That is so awesome that you will have weekends off now. I'm looking forward to when you can come down and get into some of this action.
It is on fire right now, and it is only going to get better! I'll post a report on tomorrows trip. Take it easy Bro. See you soon!

Robert
Old 06-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Baitfish

Aaron&Julie is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a fun day on the water.