All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Baitfish

JC54 is on a distinguished road
Default Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Hi

I am a keen kayaker myself - and go out to sea fishing.

I am writing a book about kayak fishing but would like to know what others would most like to see included on a book about kayak fishing?

I'll give you a free copy of the book when it's finished if you jot down your
most pressing questions.

thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Baitfish

kayakjak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Great idea!

How about a chapter on installing accessories?:enlighten

Kayakjak http://www.kayakjak.com/fishing
Old 07-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Predator

fishfinder has a spectacular aura about

Please check your private messages
Old 07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm,
What you may want to cover are the questions asked on the message boards. The which kayak is right for me? How do I install this? and so on. One other thing you may want to think about is using your own cash to finance the book, and not get sucked into the politics that can happen if you have someone bankroll it, then have to pimp them or their brand of products in your book for repayment. Just a thought,

PerryC.
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 07-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Baitfish

thank you all for answering any other very welcome. The book would be written by myself no sponsoring from other people other wise it becomes biased like you said.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Predator

Scott Shaw is on a distinguished road

What I see with the books already out there is that they are too regional in outlook. You might want stuff about saltwater as well as freshwater fishing for different types of fish. The techniques for saltwater are different then freshwater. For instance, trolling leadline works good in big lakes. Also fly fishing works o'k with kayaks. Scott
Old 07-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about

I agree with Scott. All too often whenever saltwater fishing is mentioned they go straight to Florida and skip everywhere else. Belive it or not there is a lot more to saltwater fishing in the USA than just one reigion alone. You might want to cover for example; The East Coast, Florida and the Gulf Coast, Southern California, Northern California, and The Pacific Northwest. Not every reigion has "bonefish on the flats", although we do have bonefish in San Diego Bay.

Robert
Old 07-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Baitfish

I am wondering do others think that fewer people go kayak fishing in the winter?
Old 07-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road

I think a majority of the "So Cal non-hardcore" folks hang up kayaking/fishing in the winter.

However, here in So Cal, we have many unique winter activities:

Hooping for lobsters

Fishing the bays and inshore kelp a day or so before the winter storm fronts hit produces some of the best fishing of the year for halibut, calicos, spotties and white seabass. Many days I fish in the winter I do not see another yak or boat out.

I've also noted that the bigger halibut seem to bite better right after a big winter time rain (in the harbor areas).

Lots of So Cal lakes to yak in the winter for trout and largemouth bass.

Just my thoughts....

Ed
Old 07-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Home Guard

Piranha is on a distinguished road

I break out my wetsuit in late October , early November, and put it in the garage around April. I'm hardcore, and halibut hit great in the winter. Two years ago I scored a double on December 26, the day of the tsunami! I can think of many items to include in your book, and I think Perry made a great suggestion. If you synthesize or distill the questions asked on all these boards, and the answers,the info presented, you will have a very fleshed out, comprehensive guide to kayak fishing. I don't think it's useful to try to cover all the geographic areas of the U.S. With all due respect to my pals and associates who follow the boards here, we are mostly concerned with things that work where we live and fish. If you try to cover too wide an area, you may wind up with a superficial treatise that is very general in nature, and doesn't give enough hard info. You will produce a rice/bean burrito, or a thin pancake, if you get my drift! BTW, could I get an email address? I don't see one on your post! Thanks, Piranha
PS, Even tho it says I'm a free swimmer, I've been around quite a while. I'm probaly more of a red snapper expert, living with a yellowtail! Perry's new board didn't pick up our history yet!