All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default S.D. Bay 1/28

Jackie and I yaked S.D. Bay Saturday. Launched a little before 7 to glassy and cold conditions.

Made our way out to the channel for some dropshotting, Jackie immediately started getting bit using 3” Rainbow GULP minnows. After three sandbass and one spotty I decided to make the switch from 3” Chartreuse Shad to rainbow. She kept on catching them while I was floating around.

The bite died (for her) in the channel so we headed over towards the North Island side of the bay, nothing going on over there. Next we paddled over to the shoals at the west end of SI, nothing going on there either. Didn’t look like anyone else was catching anything either.

We were making our way back to the launch site and we started seeing all these people gathering on Shelter Island pier and surrounding areas. Out of nowhere a couple of military helicopters started flying around, next those high speed military gun boats started buzzing around up and down the channel. Off in the distance we saw an aircraft carrier and support ships making the turn up the channel. Turns out it was the USS Ronald Reagan. What an awesome sight!

Must been around 10 by the time we paddled back to the launch site. Last chance to get the stripe off so I stared tossing 2” Nuclear Chicken shrimp by the moored boats. I avoided the stripe by landing a couple nice sandbass and one spotty.

Jackie ends the day with anther nice spotty.

S.D. Bay comes through again.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: S.D. Bay 1/28

Nice going guys! Got to love S.D Bay!

Robert
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Free Swimmer

cashe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S.D. Bay 1/28

Looking at that Carrier, must of made you feel pretty small in you kayak. Glad you got the skunk off.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: S.D. Bay 1/28

Bob,
As always, Thanks for the report I heard you were giving the bass down there a break for a few because alot of them recognized the bottoms of your kayaks to well. I think SD has one of the best fisheries around, and would love to live there instead of us here to be closer to the action. Anyway, glad you two made it out there for another Bass-A-Thon. Talk to you soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube