All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 02-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Shelter Island Report 2/10

My alarm didn't go off this morning. I hadn't been out in the yak in months. I guess that is just part of "rust removal process." I was supposed to meet Bob and Jackie at Shelter Island at 6:00 A.M. I was only about 25 minutes late. It was overcast and a little chilly, but not that bad. The water was glassy and calm. Not much current today. The water was cold! In the mid 50's. We paddled
out to the channel for some dropshoting. It was glassy calm with very little traffic. My favorite time of the day! Unfortunately the fish weren't cooperating.

We made a move over by the U.S. Customs dock and fished there for a while.
I always like to look at the "dream homes." That's what I like to call them anyway. Could you imagine having San Diego Bay as your back yard? Opening up the gate in your fence and dragging your yak 20 ft to the water! Unbelievable!

We ended the morning fishing around the moored sailboats by the launch. We picked up a few decent spotties. The wind started to pick up around 10:00.
We called it a morning around 10:30. Fishing was slow, the surroundings were great, and the company was outstanding! Jackie and Bob, it's always great
fishing with you guys! It is great to be back on the water!

Robert
Old 02-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shelter Island Report 2/10

Robert,

Nice fishing with you this morning. Fishing was tough but we'll get them next time!

BC
Old 02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shelter Island Report 2/10

Looks like another great day on the water!

Ed