All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Free Swimmer

hobb3s93 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy new hobie outback

Well,
i went to the taylor tackle store today, and the boat still hasnt arrived
its just as well, my bro is now wanting to get into it, and the order consists of three outbacks in all the different colors. someone else already put a deposit on the orange boat , so i went for the kakhi and paul (bro) went for the moss. My dad is going to take the day off work on thursday so we can get the boats and everything else we need , and i was going to go out this sunday for the first time on the new yak' and i was thinking either dana point or cherry beach, or....maybe somewhere in malibu. Im gonna head over to the clairemont boat ramp to go out on the catamaran, and while im there im probably gonna cruise around and get used to the boat. I went out on an 05 that i rented from xstreamline and was only on the water for about an hour. If anyone has any suggestions about where to launch, please do not hesitate to post it.
tight lines everybody!

jason
Old 02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Free Swimmer

Default Re: new hobie outback

by the way, i meant cruise around on the kayak. i would lije to know of good launch sites.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough

Jason,
Congrats on the kayaks I'm glad to see Len over at Taylor Tackle is also selling Hobies. Last I know, he was selling Cobras and Malibu Kayaks. He was one of our sponsors last year.

If you just wanna cruise your first few times out, I may try to go to Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro. They have a boat launch ramp you can use at the very end of the parking lot, and you can park your car and use some wheels and wheel your kayaks on pavement and launch them. Super easy and a nice place to cruise and fish. The only downside is the wind comes up, but thats usually about noonish. In Orange County, 15th street in Balboa would be cool and so would Dana Point. Hope this helps,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Free Swimmer

it definitely helps, i used to go to cabrillo every weekend for my dad to windsurf. but i thought that there was an advisory against making contact with the water on the inside? if there isnt that would be cool, i used to windsurf once in a while, just in the shallows, and when i came off my board, i would step on flatties left and right. i think they were all short but that was like 5 years ago so now they might be nice and fat .

jason
Old 02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: new hobie outback

Jason,
I haven't been there this year yet, but I don't remember seeing any body contact advisories for Cabrillo any of the times I have been there. Where I have seen them alot is Babies/Mothers Beach in Dana Point. Your right about the fatties at Cabrillo also . Theres some nice halibuts in there. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Free Swimmer

Talking Re: new hobie outback

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
i finally got my kayak today. it is a khaki thing of beauty. i,m gonna go out on sunday at dana point. i also got a 3 gallon bait tank by liquid fishing
and gaff, net, etc... i got myself a new penn jigmasters reel. i like the jigmaster because it is inexpensive, reliable, and made by a brand that has been around pretty much since the beginning of time. its dark right now and the flash on my camera is broken, so im gonna post pics tomorrow