All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Free Swimmer

hobb3s93 is on a distinguished road
Cool clairemont today

i went to clairemont boat launch about 3/4 of a mile down from cherry beach today to get used to the new yak', and also to get out on the catamaran. i didnt get to go out on the cat because at first the wind was too strong then it was just right , then it died completely before we could get it rigged. i went out on the yak and tried the mirage drive, and the paddle, and then just sort of raced around with my bro and splashed him. i got about 25 minutes of fishing in, (23 mph gusts of wind, and major whitecaps) all i could really do is troll around as all i brought was one rod and i have heard that it is productive in this area. i hooked onto something big (barracuda most likely) and it spit the lure out like ten feet from the boat. all i saw was color , but there were tooth rakes in my yo-zuri swim bait. all in all it was a good day as i got to paddle around with some dolphins about close enough to touch them. its days like these i wish could last forever . the only bad thing that happened was the fact i forgot my seat . my back feels dead, but its not enough to stop me from going out tomorrow ! (oh, and my bro caught what i THINK was a mega smelt.)