All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Tidelands - 7/23

Launched our kayaks at Tidelands Park on Coronado this morning around 6:15 with Robert and my wife. The plan was to fish the main channel before the wind or the boat traffic started up. Conditions were the best we’ve seen it in a few weeks, completely glass and just enough current to make us drift.

Here’s one of Robert’s fish.

Then Jackie gets one nice sized SBB using GULP Nuclear Chicken.

I was using GULP smelt and landed this SBB.

Robert gets a nice YFC.

By this time we’d drifted under the Coronado bridge and it was time to use the rod I just finished wrapping. First fish on the new rod and…

We continued to catch a bunch of quality SBB’s until the 10:00, then the bite died - must have been the tides or something. The wind picked up so we called it a morning.

Robert, thanks for joining us today. Great fishing with you.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tidelands - 7/23

Guys,
It was a great day of fishing!

The water was like a sheet of glass!

Some nice fish were caught today!

Most of them were the larger spotties like this!

It was like spottie heaven!

For over an hour it was a fish a cast on the 3" Gulp shrimp on a 1/2 oz leadhead. Just an epic morning of fishing!
The lowlight for me was flipping my kayak and losing some gear. I was turning around in some chop and I guess I zigged when I should have zagged and over I went in slow motion. I was able to get it turned back over and got back on by myself and collect all my gear that floated. It happens. It still was an awesome morning on the water. Jackie and Bob, it was great fishing with you guys again!

Robert
Old 07-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tidelands - 7/23

Great pics and stories as usual!

We already had some wild rain, thunder and lightening again in HB today. I may try and sneak out again tonight if the weather holds off.

Ed